Sabinsa is based in Bengaluru, India but also has significant operations in New Jersey and Utah. The company sources much of its raw material in India via an extensive network of smallholder farmers. The new certification means that customers and end users can be assured no genetic modification technology was used on these farms, nor in the processing of the ingredients for those that come from non-agricultural processes.
“Providing health conscious consumers with herbal, probiotic, and digestive enzymes products that support their preference for Non-GMO ingredients can be challenging, so going this extra step in transparency is one way we can support our manufacturing and brand owner partners, retailers, and their customers,” said Shaheen Majeed, Sabinsa’s President Worldwide.
Sabinsa said it has complete the verification procedures on the following ingredients:
- Boswellin Super Boswellia (Boswellia serrata) Extract
- Curcumin C3 Complex Turmeric (Curcuma longa) Extract
- Shagandha Root Extract 2.5 % USP (Withania somnifera)
- Livinol Kokum (Garcinia indica) Extract
- Saberry Amla (Emblica officinalis) Extract
- Cococin Coconut (Cocos nucifera) Water Solids
- BioPerine Black Pepper (Piper nigrum) Extract
- LactoSpore Bacillus coagulans MTCC 5856 Probiotic in three grades: 6B, 15B, and 100B
- DigeZyme proprietary, versatile multi-enzyme complex