“Sabinsa is 25 years old now. When we were about five to seven years old, Dr. Majeed decided that the company was not just a broker of ingredients. He would provide some different literature with the ingredients,” said Shaheen Majeed, marketing director for Sabinsa.
“I have to tell you that 90% of our customers at the time didn’t really care about that paperwork; they cared about yellow powder being yellow and that it was safe to use. But he said, that’s got to change. They have to respect the science behind it,” Majeed told NutraIngredients-USA. “And that’s really how Sabinsa on Wheels was born.”
Muhammed Majeed began at first to travel to major markets in the US to give talks by himself. The program now consists of multiple participants in a day-long events scheduled in major markets around the world.
The next installment of the program is scheduled for Sept. 19 in Los Angeles. In addition to presenting the latest clinical studies conducted on Sabinsa’s proprietary dietary supplement ingredients in popular health categories, two industry experts will offer their own perspectives on timely subjects.
And that is a big value add for the program, Shaheen Majeed said. Guest speakers are chosen for the intellectual content they can add, not because they will hawk the company’s products.
“I tell them, you don’t have to say anything about Sabinsa. Talk about your work. Talk about some of the other herbs you are looking at,” he said.
Los Angeles guest speakers include:
- Dr. Suresh Mathews, Associate Professor and Graduate Program Director at Auburn University, AL, who has been actively engaged in obesity and diabetes research for over 15 years.
- Chris Noonan, President, HealthGuidance, Inc on how to market science while staying on the right side of the regulatory agencies.
Presenters from Sabinsa will include:
- Nagabhushanam Kalyanam, PhD, President of R&D, Sabinsa
- Reza Kamarei, PhD, Vice President of Science & Technology, Sabinsa
- Anurag Pande, PhD, Vice President, Scientific Affairs, Sabinsa
- Sarang Bani, PhD, Vice President (R&D) and Head of Biological Sciences, SAMI LABS, Ltd.
- Enkhmart (Michelle) Dudleenamjil, MD, PhD, Technical Service Manager, Sabinsa
- Shaheen Majeed, Marketing Director, Sabinsa
New products highlighted
Attendees will get a look at new, innovative products to be offered for exclusive licensing later this year.
“There is a robust body of science on our products which we are pleased to share. The Sabinsa on Wheels program presents an unique opportunity to give our customers in-depth information in person about the science supporting Sabinsa’s ingredients and technologies,” Muhammed Majeed said. “We also appreciate our special guest speakers sharing some of their insights.”
The program begins at 8 am at the Sheraton Gateway Hotel LAX in Los Angeles.
Sabinsa on Wheels is also scheduled for a stop in New Jersey on Oct. 8 and another in Utah. Previous Sabinsa on Wheels programs have been conducted worldwide, including Australia, Europe, Japan and South Korea.