The gummies, which come pre-sorted in 28 daily pouches, support immune health, focus, relaxation, as well as hair, skin and nail health.
“The introduction of gummy vitamins packed into individual daily pouches is a defining moment in the evolution of our company,” said Jason Brown, founder and CEO, Persona Nutrition.
Tamara Bernadot, Persona’s co-founder and Chief Nutrition Officer, told NutraIngredients-USA that Persona’s medical advisory board, made up of medical doctors and registered dietitians, formulated the gummy vitamins based on the latest nutrition research on vitamins and nutrients as well as the appropriate daily levels.
Bernadot said the trend of “free-from” guided them during their product development process.
“For instance, one of the base ingredients for each gummy includes inulin, which is a group of carbohydrate-like substances found in a variety of foods, from garlic, onions, and leeks to bananas, artichokes, asparagus, and whole wheat. Chicory root is the richest source of inulin, and it is the source of inulin in our new gummy supplements. It has a creamy and sweet texture, so it replaces sugar and any added sweeteners in our gummy vitamins, making our gummy vitamins free-from sugar, artificial sweeteners, flavorings and colors.”
Kids: Gummy Daily Vitamin Packs
Developed for ages 4 to 12, the vitamins come in natural fruit flavors, including orange, mango, mixed berry, raspberry and grape.
- Everyday Kids pack is designed with two gummy supplements – a multivitamin and a separate magnesium supplement to support muscle and nerve function.
- Immune Support Kids pack includes three gummy vitamins, including vitamin C, vitamin D and a dedicated immune vitamin that combines zinc with a blend of B vitamins.
Teens: Gummy Daily Vitamin Packs
Formulated for ages 13 – 17, the new Gummy Essential packs for teens include orange, mango, mixed berry, raspberry, grape, peach and strawberry flavors.
- Everyday Teen pack features a multivitamin as well as separate magnesium and saffron gummy vitamins. Saffron is scientifically shown to promote a positive mood.
- Focus Teen pack is designed to help support healthy mood, sleep and energy while promoting attention span with the combination of three gummy supplements – phosphatidylserine, saffron and a multivitamin.
- Immune Support Teen pack features three distinct gummy vitamins, including vitamin C, vitamin D and an immune-blend vitamin that includes zinc as well as a blend of B vitamins.
Adult: Gummy Daily Vitamin Packs
The new Gummy Essential Packs for adults address three top health concerns among Americans: immunity, relaxation and beauty from within.
- Relax Adult vitamin pack features Persona’s herbal sleep blend of L-Tryptophane, lemon balm, chamomile and passionflower extract along with magnesium and saffron to promote relaxation.
- Immune Support Adult pack includes echinacea with vitamin C and zinc, a prebiotic and immune formulation with vitamin D in three gummy vitamins.
- Glo Getter pack features Persona’s custom hair, skin and nail nutrient formulation plus saffron and phosphatidylserine to help promote beauty from within and support mood.
According to data from the 2020 CRN Consumer Survey on Dietary Supplements, 13% of overall users take supplements to support their mental health. Even before the pandemic, mood support was a booming category. Following a stressful year for all age groups, the market is skyrocketing.
According to Bernadot, the focus on mood was a direct response to what customers were asking for.
“We listened to our customers over the years who have been asking for a daily nutrition program for their kids, including teens, to help support their brain health. This coupled with research around the role of phosphatidylserine – a phospholipid – in brain health, ensuring cells are covered and protected to carry messages between the cells, led to the creation of our Teen Focus daily gummy pack. This pack includes three gummy vitamins: phosphatidylserine, multivitamin and saffron,” explained Bernadot.
Foray into the kids and teens space
Brown said that the new vitamin packs for kids and teens are a convenient solution for parents who want to take the confusion out of vitamins for their kids.
“We believe children are the petri dish of germs for families. The sooner we can develop condition-specific vitamin programs for kids and teens, the faster families will optimize their natural immune system. Our new gummy vitamins organized by health goal – everyday nutrition, immune support and focus – are a stepping stone for us,” Brown told us. “Our customers want personalized nutrition for their children, which is something we are planning to debut in 2021.”