Why Make the Switch from Fiber Drums to Flexible Bags?
Historically, manufacturers have depended on fiber drums to store and ship their products. However, the large size of these drums is limiting and typically results in a high total cost of ownership. For manufacturers in search of sustainable, cost-effective packaging - this guide is for you. Here’s what you’ll find inside:
What Industry Trends Are Shaping Packaging Decisions for Manufacturers?
- As US manufacturers shift their focus to the global market, they’re discovering alternative consumer preferences for packaging.
- With a global market to serve, products are in transit for a longer amount of time, reinforcing manufacturer concerns about product integrity.
- Locally and globally, the market shift to sustainability is significant. Manufacturers are eager to reduce their carbon footprint, as businesses and consumers are both acutely aware of their environmental impact.
Key Considerations in Choosing Flexible vs Rigid:
- Product Integrity and Quality: For some products, even brief exposure to moisture and oxygen can affect the integrity, quality, and shelf-life of your product. How do fiber drums manage the quality of your product vs. flexible packaging?
- Sustainability: Organizations across the globe are working diligently to reduce their carbon footprint. The size and shape of fiber drums can prove problematic for the environment. What’s the best alternative? See how Fres-co packaging achieved significant reductions in packaging waste, packaging energy, and greenhouse gas emissions for our customers.
- Transportation Requirements: The further your product must travel, the more important it is to reduce shipping costs. Lighter-weight, space-efficient packaging can help optimize the amount of product shipped in a single container.
- Total Cost of Ownership (TCO): The price of the initial packaging is definitely a factor when it comes to making a packaging decision. But that’s only one part of the equation. Other things to consider that help compare your TCO: the potential to reduce transportation costs, product quality claims and returns, ongoing storage costs, etc.
- Safety: Fiber drums are large and cumbersome, increasing the risk of injury for employees. Rolling the drums increases your odds of a hazardous spill. See how else fiber drums can affect the safety of your employees and products.
Flexible Packaging Alternatives to Fiber Drums
In this guide, Fres-co introduces you to multi-layer, high-barrier industrial bags ideal for storing a wide range of products, available in a variety of custom sizes. One-way degassing valves are designed to release excess air while preventing moisture and oxygen ingress.
The guide also showcases Fres-co’s Powder Bags. Powdered products create unique challenges. See how our Powder Bags are equipped with a built-in air vent chamber, paired with a one-way degassing valve, to prevent clogging.
Choosing a Partner for Flexible Chemical Packaging
Selecting the right partner for your chemical product can have considerable effects on your business. See how to choose a partner like Fres-co that supports sustainability, safety, and other key business objectives.