Technical / White Paper
SPORTS NUTRITION: adapting for fuel, hydration, & recovery
From healthy eating & clean foods to increased exercise and mobility, people are looking for natural alternatives to stay active and get back to activities more quickly. The benefits of being active, regardless of age, are well documented.
Pillars of sports nutrition:
- Fuelling - providing the body with food to enhance stamina, strength & clarity
- Hydration - preventing dehydration & fatigue, while optimizing muscle performance
- Recovery - to aid in recovery after exercise
Benefits of a nutrition strategy:
- Injury mitigation
- Strengthening of the immune system
- Decreased muscle tiredness & soreness
- Muscle healing & recovery
- Improved energy levels
- Increased focus & attention span
The key is personalization – how will you achieve a unique formulation to target this growing audience?