The product was officially launched at the Marijuana Business Conference and Expo that took place last month in Las Vegas, NV. Edible products form a big portion of the medical marijuana market, and developers of CBD products have flocked to this space, with tinctures, oils and soft gels proliferating. This is second CBD gum to hit the shelves.
“The new gum is the next generation of CBD gum with patents pending for our unique gum manufacturing process. We are one of only two tableted gum manufacturers and the only one able to make a hemp oil gum product,” said Mastix CEO Robert Estey.
According to the company, the gum delivery mode offers the following advantages:
- Can improve compliance as studies show 40% of people have difficulty swallowing pills
- Faster acting than ingested tablets, capsules and liquids
- Can improve the amount of active delivered since it bypasses the first-pass metabolism
- Convenient and discreet since no liquid required for swallowing pills or capsules
- Widely acceptable and very familiar to consumers.
The gum is referred to as a supplement gum and is being sold online with a supplement facts panel. But like other marketers of CBD products, Mastix is careful to avoid making any claims on the CBD in the product, only saying “enhancing everyday life” on the label.