Content provided by KSM-66 Ashwagandha
This content is provided by KSM-66 Ashwagandha.
The following content is provided by an advertiser or created on behalf of an advertiser. It is not written by the NutraIngredients-usa.com editorial team, nor does it necessarily reflect the opinions of NutraIngredients-usa.com.
For more information, please contact us here.
The most clinically proven ashwagandha for stress
Stress, we all have it, and it is a common occurrence in everyday life. The higher our stress levels, the more imbalanced we become, and the less wellbeing we experience. With the prevalence of fast-paced living, the bombardment of social media distractions, and the countless internal and external stressors encountered daily, we're forced to find better options to be happy, feel fulfilled and manage our lives effectively and calmly. One of the most sought-after botanicals for stress management is ashwagandha.
Ashwagandha is a centuries-old plant medicine, commonly referred to as the “royal herb” due to its numerous rejuvenating benefits.
A staple of Ayurveda, ashwagandha has been used for thousands of years to help relieve stress, boost natural energy, and improve concentration. [1,2]
How Ashwagandha Reduces Stress
Cortisol is the body’s primary stress hormone, is produced in the adrenal glands whenever our body perceives or encounters a threat -- be it emotional, psychological or physical. In short bursts, such as during intense physical exercise, cortisol can be very beneficial as it heightens alertness and motivation as well as mobilizes glucose and fatty acids for energy (ATP) production. However, chronically elevated cortisol levels (an epidemic among adults, both old and young), create a myriad of unwanted consequences. Ashwagandha helps to mitigate stress in part by lowering overly high levels of cortisol to a healthy level.
Disadvantages of high cortisol:
- Decreased vitality & libido
- Poor mood
- Reduced feelings of well-being
- Increased hunger
- Disrupted sleep
- Impaired energy metabolism
- Increased fat storage
- Lower motivation
- Decreased mental & physical performance
- Insulin resistance
- Depressed immune function
Essentially, everything you don’t want to happen does happen when you’re chronically stressed.
The good news is that ashwagandha is ideally positioned to help alleviate stress as it belongs to a special class of plants known as adaptogens.
Adaptogens are non-toxic plants that “enhance the state of non-specific resistance”.
Basically, adaptogens (including ashwagandha) improve the body’s ability to encounter, respond, and recover from stress, both physical and psychological.
By helping the body more effectively recover from stress, adaptogens also offer a number of other beneficial effects including :
Ashwagandha is one of the most revered adaptogens, used for over five millennia to help support the body’s natural balance.
Not all ashwagandha extracts are the same. Many ashwagandha products are not standardized or tested for quality, purity, or potency. Others are adulterated with various additives or other components of the ashwagandha plant that may be toxic.
Why KSM-66 #1 for Stress
For managing daily stress effectively, naturally, and safely, nothing beats KSM-66 ashwagandha root extract. Our organic, root-only extract demonstrates significant stress-mitigating power in 3 double-blind, placebo-controlled, human clinical studies published in peer-reviewed journals.
Studies on KSM-66 involve expansive and diverse populations and ages, demonstrating that KSM-66 has broad activity and benefits for managing daily stress. KSM-66 acts on the body and mind, enhancing overall vitality and feeling of well-being. KSM-66 really is the World’s Best Ashwagandha.
A landmark 2012 study found that supplementing with KSM-66 ashwagandha daily for 8 weeks may help reduce cortisol levels by 27.9% and lower Depression Anxiety Stress Scale (DASS) scores by a remarkable 71.6%!
Researchers concluded their groundbreaking research with something that traditional practitioners have known for centuries :
“…high-concentration full-spectrum Ashwagandha root extract mitigates not only the focal aspects of stress but also some of the precursors, consequences, and associated symptoms of stress. One can think of this as Ashwagandha helping both directly and indirectly.”
In other words, KSM-66 Ashwagandha helps reduce stress both directly and indirectly.
Additionally, reducing cortisol may also help improve quality of life as well as enhance body composition and weight loss, as demonstrated in another human clinical trial where men & women supplementing with KSM-66 experienced a 3% drop in body weight, compared to only 1.4% drop in the placebo group.
Finally, KSM-66 Ashwagandha supplementation also has been documented to significantly increase scores in general well-being, individual resistance to stress and the Oxford Happiness Questionnaire scores.
KSM-66 ashwagandha root extract is the most natural, organic and effective ashwagandha supplement available. It is backed by the most extensive set of clinical trials as well as the only fully integrated ashwagandha extract on the market -- we own our farms, labs, manufacturing, and distribution, ensuring consistent quality, supply, purity, and potency.
Furthermore, KSM-66 possesses the highest number of quality certifications, and it is the only ashwagandha supplement proven to support individuals across all stages of life -- young, old, healthy, stressed, and more.
When it comes to choosing your preferred ashwagandha source, the choice is clear -- KSM-66 ashwagandha is the only choice.
- Chandrasekhar K, Kapoor J, Anishetty S. A prospective, randomized double-blind, placebo-controlled study of safety and efficacy of a high-concentration full-spectrum extract of ashwagandha root in reducing stress and anxiety in adults. Indian J Psychol Med. 2012 Jul;34(3):255-62. doi: 10.4103/0253-7176.106022. PMID: 23439798; PMCID: PMC3573577.
- Dongre S, Langade D, Bhattacharyya S. Efficacy and Safety of Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) Root Extract in Improving Sexual Function in Women: A Pilot Study. Biomed Res Int. 2015;2015:284154. doi: 10.1155/2015/284154. Epub 2015 Oct 4. PMID: 26504795; PMCID: PMC4609357.
- Panossian A, Wikman G. Effects of Adaptogens on the Central Nervous System and the Molecular Mechanisms Associated with Their Stress-Protective Activity. Pharmaceuticals (Basel). 2010;3(1):188–224. Published 2010 Jan 19. doi:10.3390/ph3010188
- Provino R. The role of adaptogens in stress management. Aust J Med Herbal 2010; 22:41-9.
- Choudhary D, Bhattacharyya S, Joshi K. “Body Weight Management in Adults Under Chronic Stress Through Treatment with Ashwagandha Root Extract: A Double-Blind, Randomized, Placebo-Controlled Trial.” J Evid Based Complementary Altern Med. 2017 Jan;22(1)96-106. DOI: 10.1177/2156587216641830.