Deadline for entry is April 20, 2018!
Got groundbreaking research to shout about? Probiota Americas 2018 call for abstracts
The scientific committee of Probiota Americas 2018 is calling for submission of abstracts for this year's event. Don’t miss your chance to present!
Organized by the publishers of NutraIngredients-USA.com, the number one daily news service for the dietary supplements and functional food industries, Probiota Americas will explore the probiotic scientific frontier, its evolution and commercial application in food, supplements and related product areas. The event is run in collaboration with the International Probiotics Association.
We are particularly interested in reports from human intervention studies and welcome abstracts from those engaged in all aspects of microbiome science in academia, industry and consumer health, particularly those representing successful academia-industry interactions.
All abstract submissions will be reviewed by the Probiota Americas Scientific Committee made up of leading experts from the fields of pre- and probiotics. Successful abstracts will be presented as oral presentations or posters at the event June 5-7 in Miami.
Early-phase, novel, or state-of-the-art research or promising ideas covering the following topics are encouraged:
- Host-microbe interactions in health and disease, including preclinical and clinical studies evaluating pre- and probiotic interventions
- Application and development of “-omics” approaches in biomarker discovery, including identification of potential pre- and probiotic strains. Research identifying strain-specific effects of probiotics for health and wellbeing, including mechanism of action and bioactive discovery and isolation
- Early findings from large scale research projects and clinical trials
- Innovations and novel ideas in the areas of production processes, delivery, formulation and shelf-life
- Consumer and market insights, including population research, trends and threats, commercial packaging and marketing
- Human intervention studies
Where applicable the potential for commercial application of the research should be highlighted to support the Probiota Americas aims of bridging the interface between academia and industry.
To download the abstract guidelines, please click HERE.
Any questions about the abstract submission process or the poster session can be addressed to Claudia Rhynes.
For a taste of last year’s event in San Francisco, please click HERE.