The 90-minute webinar, “From Washington to Washington: The Mandate for Non-GMO Labeling,” takes place Thursday, Nov. 7, from 10 – 11:30 a.m. MT.
“The GMO issue is becoming the most expensive, contentious and important debate in the history of the natural products industry,” said Loren Israelsen, UNPA president, who will moderate the webinar and discuss litigation issues and the specter of national GMO-labeling legislation. “This webinar will address a number of the important post-I522 questions that will be top of mind for the natural products industry as consumer demand for labeling and supply chain challenges continue to grow.”
Webinar topics include:
- A report from the front lines of the I522 labeling battle
- Next steps for state and federal labeling laws
- The recent spate of “all-natural” GMO labeling lawsuits and what they mean
- An update on the status of the non-GMO supply chain and certification programs
- Where organic fits in the non-GMO discussion
- What are the marketplace challenges of going non-GMO?
- How dietary supplement manufacturers can ensure reliable non-GMO ingredient supply
Cost of the webinar is $149 for UNPA members and $95 for nonmembers. For more information, including complete program notes and to register, visit the UNPA event sign in page.